BRENT – MODEL 16 ADAPTIVE WHEEL
Please note that many wheels are SPECIAL ORDER ONLY. Give us a call during our regular business hours to check what wheels are currently in stock. Current lead times: Brent 4 months, Pacifica 6 months, Shimpo 2-3 months, Skutt 4 months.
The ideal wheel for use in any rehabilitation program. Wheel Chair accessible! The Brent Model 16 is the ideal wheel for use in any rehabilitation program. It is a variable speed power wheel with a frame that was designed in coordination with leading rehabilitation and therapy experts. The 16 wheel makes throwing on a wheel possible for persons who otherwise would not have the opportunity. Possibilities include use with a wheel chair, a standard stool, or while standing up. The 16 wheel can handle 150 lbs. of clay continuously. The 16 wheel includes the Brent® Classic Controller with these features:
• Optimal torque at all speeds — wheel speed remains constant under varying loads for smooth feel and full control
• Quiet operation — electronic noise filtering for quiet operation
• EZ-feel toggle switches — on/off and forward/reverse switches are easy to locate. Forward/reverse switch has neutral safety position to assure smooth transitions when changing directions.
• EZ-to-read indicator light — protrudes from control box for viewing from potter’s stool
• Easy to service modular connections for motor and foot pedal — makes upgrades and replacements easy
Additional features of the 16 include:
• Handles 150 lbs. continuously
• Adjustable — a crank mechanism adjusts the height of the 12″ cast aluminum throwing head from 21″ to 35″
• Mobile — The No. 16 wheel fits through any 36″ door and rolls into position easily on its hard rubber casters.
• Stationary during throwing — Four rubber feet raise the casters off the floor to hold wheel in place and level the wheel
• All-steel construction and solid table — for strength and durability
• Variable speeds — Speeds from 0 to 240 rpm can be controlled by the hand lever/foot pedal which can be placed on the floor or clamped in position on the handy tray at the side of the table
• Automatic Belt Tensioning — keeps the 6-groove poly-v drive belt tight for maximum performance
• Cast aluminum 12″ wheel head — marked with concentric circles for ease in centering clay and includes two bat pins
• Permanent magnet 1/2 hp, 5 amp DC motor — allows the user to work with up to 150 lbs. of clay
• Reversible electronic speed control — assures maximum torque and smooth response both clockwise and counterclockwise
• FREE Splash pan
• FREE 12″ Plasti-bat
• FREE “How to Throw on The Potter’s Wheel” DVD
• TEN YEAR WARRANTY