MAYCO FOUNDATIONS OPAQUE – FN006 – BLUE
MAYCO FOUNDATIONS OPAQUE – FN006 – BLUE:
Foundations® Opaque – A Broad palette of colors that produce a beautiful, smooth high gloss finish and can be intermixed for custom colors. Foundations® glazes dry quickly, allowing immediate additional decorating and same day firing. Foundations® can be applied to leatherhard clay, allowing an open area for out-gassing during the firing process. Many Foundations® Opaque glazes can be fired to higher temperatures. Check the individual color label for cone 6 results. Testing is still recommended. Certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
Begin your ceramic project with Foundations® as the surface. Available in gloss opaque, gloss translucent and matte finishes, Foundations® will become an essential building block – easy to apply, consistent firing performance and budget-friendly. Its stable, non-moving base is perfect for majolica techniques with Stroke & Coat® glazes.
Foundations® glazes are certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
Foundations® glazes are available in a broad assortment of colors, opacities, and textures. They easily serve as the basic “foundation” glaze for any ceramic studio – be that in a school, home or your retail studio.
Foundations® gloss glazes were designed to mature at shelf cone 06/05. Apply 2-3 coats, allowing the surface to dry in-between coats. When applying to a large surface, we recommend a broad, soft brush such as CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- Foundations dry quickly for same day firing
- Intermixable for custom color creation
- Can be applied to greenware or leather-hard clay. We recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom, to allow outgassing during the firing process
- Many Foundations can be fired to higher temperatures and still maintain their color. Check the individual color label for performance at cone 6
- Steadfast Application – Foundations® will not dissolve or “pick up” previous coats of glaze
- Dries Quickly – speeds up your ability to handle or perform additional decorating
- High Gloss Finish – does not need to be clear glazed (except Foundations® Matte glazes)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.