Please note that this item is BUILT TO ORDER and requires a longer than normal lead time. We will contact you to inform you of the expected wait. Shipping options for equipment are Commercial Freight, Local Delivery (within 50mi of Tacoma, WA) and Free Local Pickup at Clay Art Center.
SKUTT – GLAZETECH – ELECTRIC PROGRAMMABLE KILN
The Perfect Cone 10 Test Kiln
Most high fire test kilns on the market are either too small or underpowered because they are trying to run on 120V instead of 240V. With a little extra wiring you can have a test kiln that truely fits your needs.
Brand New Controller
The GlazeTech now has a brand new controller that allows you to fire Glass and Ceramics. It even has built in programs for Precious Metal Clay. The perfect controller for any of your testing or other small firing needs. Here is what you get:
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It’s that easy!
- ConeFire Mode allows you to fire Ceramics simply by entering the Cone Value, Firing Speed and Hold Time.
- PMC Mode is even easier. All you enter is the type of Metal Clay you are using and press start.
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
The Right Size, the Right Power, and the Right Control
When you are testing glazes you want to mimic the real world which means you need a kiln that can perform like your big kiln. It needs to be wide enough to test multiple samples, tall enough to test glazes on a vertical surface, powerful enough to match the firing profiles you will use in real life, and have the control to match those profiles on the heating and cooling side of the profile. The GlazeTech was designed to do exactly those things.
- Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Inexpensive, plus we give you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
|MODEL||PHASE||VOLTS||AMPS||WATTS||TEMP (F)||CUBIC FT||OPENING (IN)||DEPTH (IN)||WIRE AWG||NEMA RECEPTACLE||SHIP DIMS. (IN)||*SHIP WT. (LBS)|
|Download a GLAZETECH 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 240 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a GLAZETECH 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 208 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|GLAZETECH||1||240||17||4000||Cone 10, 2350 F||1.1||15.00 x 15.00||9||12||6-20||32 x 32 x 24||130|
|GLAZETECH||1||208||20||4000||Cone 10, 2350 F||1.1||15.00 x 15.00||9||10||6-30||32 x 32 x 24||130|
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Instructional Video
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Extra Thermocouple (unless Type S)
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.