Please note that this item is BUILT TO ORDER and requires a longer than normal lead time. We will contact you to inform you of the expected wait. Shipping options for equipment are Commercial Freight, Local Delivery (within 50mi of Tacoma, WA) and Free Local Pickup at Clay Art Center.
SKUTT – GM818 – ELECTRIC GLASS KILN
With a side fired kiln you need to fire a little slower but you more then make up the time with the amount of work you can get in the kiln.Great for annealing blown glass vessels too!
Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use
- The GlassMaster Controller is the only controller on the market with GlassFire Mode. GlassFire Mode allows you to run a program simply by entering the type of effect you want: Fuse, Tack Fuse or Slump and a speed based on the size and thickness of the project. It really is that easy and it works on most projects.
- If you prefer to write your own firing programs simply use the Ramp/Hold programming mode which can store up to 8 of your custom programs with up to 8 Segments. When you are ready to use one of your stored programs just load it and press start.
- Built in Diagnostics give you or our technicians the ability to diagnose kiln problems with just a few button presses.
- Active Keys allow you to make adjustments to the program while it is running based on a visual inspection. The Anneal Now key allows you to skip to the annealing phase of the program with a single key press. Add Time allows you to add 5 minutes to the final heating segment of the program if your project needs more time and Add Temp allow you to increase the temperature in the final heating segment if you want the glass to get hotter.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
Sectional Design is a good idea on so many levels.
Imagine trying to move a kiln into the basement or through a narrow door without being able to break it down into sections.
No more standing on your head in the kiln to replace those bottom elements or removing every brick in the kiln to get to the one you want to replace. Just remove the control box, unhook the buckles and place the section you want to work on on a table.
We hope nothing really bad happens to your kiln … but … if it does, isn’t nice to know you can replace one bad section instead of the whole kiln?
A large amount of the heat you lose in your kiln passes to through the lid and slab of your kiln. To compensate for this, Skutt directs more heat to these areas when they design the elements. The fact that we have twice the element grooves in our kilns gives us more design flexibility than some of our competitors.
It also gives you more loading options since it is always recommended to have at least one element radiating between each layer of shelves. Oh and by the way, twice the grooves means you get twice the amount of element wire, which means each element doesn’t have to work as hard, which means longer element life! Whew!
- Thermocouple in each section of the kiln allows controller to control each section separately to even out temperature variations top to bottom.
- Critical when fusing on multiple shelves and annealing large blown vessels.
- Works in conjunction with balanced elements to ensure firing efficiency.
- Thin-walled Inconel cover equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- GM818, GM1018. and GM1227 all come with Zone Control. Since these kilns are designed to fire on multiple levels we place a thermocouple in each section to keep the temperature uniform from top to bottom.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model
|MODEL||PHASE||VOLTS||AMPS||WATTS||TEMP (F)||CUBIC FT||OPENING (IN)||DEPTH (IN)||WIRE AWG||NEMA RECEPTACLE||SHIP DIMS. (IN)||*SHIP WT. (LBS)|
|Download a GM-818 1 Phase 240 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a GM-818 1 Phase 208 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|GM-818||1||240||27.8||6600||Cone , 1800 F||2.6||18.00 x 18.00||18||8||6-50||32 x 32 x 32||150|
|GM-818||1||208||26.7||5500||Cone , 1800 F||2.6||18.00 x 18.00||18||8||6-50||32 x 32 x 32||150|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.