Please note that this item is BUILT TO ORDER and requires a longer than normal lead time. We will contact you to inform you of the expected wait. Shipping options for equipment are Commercial Freight, Local Delivery (within 50mi of Tacoma, WA) and Free Local Pickup at Clay Art Center.
SKUTT – KM614 – 6 SIDED ELECTRIC PROGRAMMABLE KILN (3″FIREBRICK)
It Just Fits
Fits most small studios. Easy to load for those who are vertically challenged. Has all the bells and whistles of the larger kilns in a more compact size
Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use
- Write your own firing programs with up to 32 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 12 programs.
- … or use the tried and true factory set programs in ConeFire Mode
- Built in Diagnostics give you or our technicians the ability to diagnose kiln problems with just a few button presses.
- New Safety Features help prevent accidental starts and overfires.
- New software keeps track of your Firing Costs and the Number of Firings
- Fuse Glass, Slow cool Cone 6 Glazes, Grow Crystals…whatever you want to program this controller can handle.
- …and so much more. Click Here to see the whole story.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every KilnMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
A large amount of the heat you lose in your kiln passes to through the lid and slab of your kiln. To compensate for this, Skutt directs more heat to these areas when they design the elements. The fact that we have twice the element grooves in our kilns gives us more design flexibility than some of our competitors.
It also gives you more loading options since it is always recommended to have at least one element radiating between each layer of shelves. Oh and by the way, twice the grooves means you get twice the amount of element wire, which means each element doesn’t have to work as hard, which means longer element life! Whew!
- Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Inexpensive, plus we give you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
|MODEL||PHASE||VOLTS||AMPS||WATTS||TEMP (F)||CUBIC FT||OPENING (IN)||DEPTH (IN)||WIRE AWG||NEMA RECEPTACLE||SHIP DIMS. (IN)||*SHIP WT. (LBS)|
|Download a KM-614 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|KM-614||1||115||20||2300||Cone 6, 2250 F||0.8||11.00 x 11.00||13.5||10||5-20||29 x 28 x 28||88|
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Instructional Video
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Extra Thermocouple (unless Type S)
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.