Please note that this item is BUILT TO ORDER and requires a longer than normal lead time. We will contact you to inform you of the expected wait. Shipping options for equipment are Commercial Freight, Local Delivery (within 50mi of Tacoma, WA) and Free Local Pickup at Clay Art Center.
SKUTT – KS818 – 8 SIDED ELECTRIC MANUAL KILN
Great For Hobbyists
When Hobby Ceramics was at it’s peak, this was our most popular selling kiln. It’s large enough for most people yet small enough to fit in most peoples homes.
Kiln Sitter Controller
- Uses specially formulated pyrometric cones to measure heatwork and turn off the kiln.
- Skutt purchased The Original Dawson KilnSitter company in February of 2009. All parts are guaranteed original.
- Now standard – Safety Timer helps to prevent over-fires
- Individual infinite switches on each section allow you to heat up slowly to avoid thermal shock.
Sectional Design is a good idea on so many levels.
Imagine trying to move a kiln into the basement or through a narrow door without being able to break it down into sections.
No more standing on your head in the kiln to replace those bottom elements or removing every brick in the kiln to get to the one you want to replace. Just disconnect the control boxes, unhook the buckles and place the section you want to work on on a table.
We hope nothing really bad happens to your kiln … but … if it does, isn’t nice to know you can replace one bad section instead of the whole kiln?
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
|MODEL||PHASE||VOLTS||AMPS||WATTS||TEMP (F)||CUBIC FT||OPENING (IN)||DEPTH (IN)||WIRE AWG||NEMA RECEPTACLE||SHIP DIMS. (IN)||*SHIP WT. (LBS)|
|Download a KS-818 1 Phase 240 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a KS-818 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 240 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a KS-818 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 208 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a KS-818 1 Phase 208 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|KS-818||1||240||26.7||6400||Cone 10, 2350 F||2.6||18.00 x 18.00||18||8||6-50||32 x 32 x 32||145|
|KS-818-3||1||240||26.7||6400||Cone 10, 2350 F||2.3||17.00 x 17.00||18||8||6-50||32 x 32 x 32||160|
|KS-818-3||1||208||26.7||5550||Cone 10, 2350 F||2.3||17.00 x 17.00||18||8||6-50||32 x 32 x 32||160|
|KS-818||1||208||26.7||5550||Cone 10, 2350 F||2.6||18.00 x 18.00||18||8||6-50||32 x 32 x 32||145|
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.