BRENT – MODEL 16 ADAPTIVE WHEEL (GOLD)
This item is available for QUOTE only, you may still add to your cart but you will only be able to submit a Request for Quote. If the product page says "In Stock' then we have the item on hand and we will send you an invoice to complete your purchase. If the item does not display "In Stock' then it will require a SPECIAL ORDER with the manufacturer. Special order lead times vary but expect a minimum of 6-8 weeks.
The ideal wheel for use in any rehabilitation program. Wheel Chair accessible! The Brent Model 16 is the ideal wheel for use in any rehabilitation program. It is a variable speed power wheel with a frame that was designed in coordination with leading rehabilitation and therapy experts. The 16 wheel makes throwing on a wheel possible for persons who otherwise would not have the opportunity. Possibilities include use with a wheel chair, a standard stool, or while standing up. The 16 wheel can handle 150 lbs. of clay continuously. The 16 wheel includes the Brent® Classic Controller with these features:
• Optimal torque at all speeds — wheel speed remains constant under varying loads for smooth feel and full control
• Quiet operation — electronic noise filtering for quiet operation
• EZ-feel toggle switches — on/off and forward/reverse switches are easy to locate. Forward/reverse switch has neutral safety position to assure smooth transitions when changing directions.
• EZ-to-read indicator light — protrudes from control box for viewing from potter’s stool
• Easy to service modular connections for motor and foot pedal — makes upgrades and replacements easy
Additional features of the 16 include:
• Handles 150 lbs. continuously
• Adjustable — a crank mechanism adjusts the height of the 12″ cast aluminum throwing head from 21″ to 35″
• Mobile — The No. 16 wheel fits through any 36″ door and rolls into position easily on its hard rubber casters.
• Stationary during throwing — Four rubber feet raise the casters off the floor to hold wheel in place and level the wheel
• All-steel construction and solid table — for strength and durability
• Variable speeds — Speeds from 0 to 240 rpm can be controlled by the hand lever/foot pedal which can be placed on the floor or clamped in position on the handy tray at the side of the table
• Automatic Belt Tensioning — keeps the 6-groove poly-v drive belt tight for maximum performance
• Cast aluminum 12″ wheel head — marked with concentric circles for ease in centering clay and includes two bat pins
• Permanent magnet 1/2 hp, 5 amp DC motor — allows the user to work with up to 150 lbs. of clay
• Reversible electronic speed control — assures maximum torque and smooth response both clockwise and counterclockwise
• FREE Splash pan
• FREE 12″ Plasti-bat
• FREE “How to Throw on The Potter’s Wheel” DVD
• TEN YEAR WARRANTY